Mold is a fungus mostly related to damp and musty areas such as bathrooms, basements and attics.
Mold can grow and take hold within 24-48 hours following a water intrusion, can be difficult to identify, and if left unchecked, can result in property damage and health issues including:
- Allergic reactions
- Ongoing Respiratory Issues
Why Get a Mold Inspection?
There are number of reason you should consider mold inspection services. For example:
- Health – The existence of mold can cause serious health issues, especially for the young, elderly and those with existing respiratory problems. Professional mold inspection services can spot and prevent the further spread of mold, protecting you and your family.
- Real Estate Transactions – Regular home inspections may not detect mold growth behind walls, ceilings and insulation; humidity levels and differences from room to room that may cause hidden moisture problems; the moisture content of drywall, hardwood floors, window sills, and other mold-forming areas.
- Former Flooding – Regular home inspections may not detect previous flooding, known leaks, suspected leaks and/or the chance of re-flooding; all that may lead to mold growths.
- Drug Houses – Regular home inspections may not detect toxic mold caused by former residential ‘Marijuana Grow-Operation s’, many of which end up condemned.
Need more information and have questions? Contact C4U Inspections today